Pets and Holiday Hazards...
The holidays can be a wonderful time of year…Time spent with family and friends, enjoying festive parties, food, decorations and gifts. But an emergency trip to the vet with a sick pet is a sure way to put a damper on your holiday celebrations. According to realsimple.com, there are several common holiday items that can be harmful to your pets.
6 Holiday Hazards to Pets:
- Turkey Bones: Resist those cute, pleading eyes! Turkey bones can splinter and puncture internal organs!
- Sugar-Free Baked Goods: Artificial sweeteners can cause the blood pressure of animals to drop to dangerously low levels!
- Chocolate: Chocolate is very dangerous to dogs and can cause agitation, intestinal issues, high heart rate, seizures and even death.
- Holiday Plants: Mistletoe and holly can be toxic if ingested by animals.
- Tinsel and Ribbons: If swallowed, these can cause intestinal obstruction.
- Hustle and Bustle: Pets feel anxiety too! Constant visitors and activity can be confusing and stressful for your pet. Provide a quiet space for your pet to relax if showing signs of anxiety.
So when enjoying your holiday celebrations this season, be sure to keep in mind the safety of your four legged friends! Take precautions and protect your pet from unnecessary holiday hazards! Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Boone County!