Steps to safety at the office
Accidents often happen at the office that could be prevented with just a little common sense! Slips and falls frequently cause injury at the office and a little thought and care could help prevent this.
- Before sitting down at your desk, check behind you to make sure your chair hasn’t rolled away!
- If you are carrying something, don’t stack things up so high that you can’t see directly in front of you!
- Proceed with caution if the floor is wet or slippery!
- Don’t read or text while walking!
- Hold the handrail when using stairs!
- When carrying larger items like boxes, use the elevator!
- Close desk and file drawers before walking away to avoid tripping over them!
- Wipe up spills or wet floors in order to prevent slipping!
- Keep floors and aisles clear of electrical cords.
While it may seem easy to follow these tips, often times a hectic day at work can lead to rushing or just overlooking the small things that can be dangerous! Just slowing down a little bit to ensure safety can definitely save time in the future!