Are You Prepared for an Emergency at the Office?
Are you prepared for an emergency at the office?
- …have an evacuation plan in the event of a fire?
- …know where the nearest emergency exit is located?
- …have someone appointed to provide direction in the event of an evacuation?
- …practice fire drills at least once a year?
- …know to take the stairs instead of the elevator during disasters?
- …realize that you should move away from windows during a tornado?
- …have specific plans for disasters common to your location? (ie. Earthquakes)
- …have strategies to deal with power outages?
- …have a plan to handle computer network failures?
The safest workplaces are those that plan ahead and prepare before an emergency ever strikes. Take a moment now to evaluate your emergency preparedness at work. Putting just a little time and thought into preparation now can improve your safety later if you find yourself in an emergency at work.